Friday, August 20, 2010

I have 2 coupons offering different incentives. How should I use these coupons for the highest discount?

I need help with a real life logic problem:





I received 2 coupons to my favorite clothing store. I can't combine them, %26amp; they're only good one time. But, I can shop there one day using the 1st coupon, %26amp; return the next day to use the 2nd.





The 1st coupon entitles me to $20 off a $60 purchase, OR $10 off a $20 purchase. (Sales tax cannot be counted, so if something is 59.99, it's still considered under $60 even though the cost with sales tax will put it over $60)





The 2nd coupon entitles me to 30% any purchase.





If I were just buying one thing, say a $60 item, the 1st coupon would be a better deal because I'd save $20; whereas, I'd only save $18 using the 2nd coupon. However, since I plan on purchasing multiple items, how do you recommend I use the coupons to the fullest advantage?





I'd like to buy the following:


Sweater: $54.50


Shirt: $49.50


Jeans: $59.50


Tie: $39.50





Which coupon should I use to buy which products to maximize my savings? Thanks!I have 2 coupons offering different incentives. How should I use these coupons for the highest discount?
According to my calculations, using the 30% coupon will give you the greatest savings all around. The total of your items = $203.00, therefore a 30% savings would deduct $60.90 leaving a total of $142.10.





With the first coupon, the maximum savings on a $60 item would be slightly over 30%, but none of the items you have chosen equals $60, and if you add another item from your list, the saving % would drop.


Now, if this store sells any items for $4.50 or less..I would suggest adding that item to the sweater to make the total $60.00 and using the 20 off coupon on that purchase and return the following day to purchase the remaining items for 30 % off. which will give you a savings on the remaining items of 44.55..add that to the 20 savings from the first coupon for a total savings of $64.55, which = $3.65 more savings than if purchased all at once, plus you have an extra item, of course, then you have to take into acct your gas costs for driving to the store twice. If thats not feasible, just use the 30% coupon and be happy with your saving of $60.90





Hope that helps!


sooper_dooper_coupon_saverI have 2 coupons offering different incentives. How should I use these coupons for the highest discount?
It seems like you are not on a budget at all and WANT to buy all those items (roughly $200, so 30% savings is $60). If you are not on a budget buy all of them and use the 30% coupon. If you are on a budget, you should buy anything just becuase of those coupons. That is why so many people went into debts just because they thought they are getting a good deal. Well, I hope you have budget, honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment