Friday, August 20, 2010

Coupons for surgery? ?

I few days ago I was on Facebook and on the side of the screen I saw an ad about laser skin treatment about permanently removing hair. The slogan they used was ';Goodbye razor, hello laser!'; So I clicked on it (I felt it was relevant to me) to see what it was all about; I'm interested.





When I got to the website, there was a contest where I could enter my info and have the opportunity to receive a coupon off of a laser treatment. Today, I got on and check my email and I got one from someone by the name of ';Cortney Williams'; telling me that I've won.





This is what the email says:





';Winner at American Laser Centers





Good Afternoon





My name is Cortney from American Laser Centers. You recently entered into our online contest and for showing interest in our company we are offering you a $300 coupon that you may use towards any of our laser hair removal, skin rejuvenation or cellulite reduction packages. To redeem this coupon, I will need to schedule you for a free consultation. You will meet with our clinic manager who will explain to you the services we provide, answer all your questions and discuss with you how you would like to apply this offer. To set this up, please provide the following information:





We do not sell or give your personal information; it is confidential.





Full name:


Phone number(s):


Alternate number:


Complete address:





Closest clinic: Please click on this link to determine the most convenient clinic: http://www.americanlaser.com/dsp_map.cfm











Time and day desired:





Choice #1-


Choice #2-











The consult is free and it is only 20-30 minutes long. We are open from 9:00am-7:00pm Monday- Friday and I can fit you in as soon as later on today or tomorrow. Reply back with the best time and date and then stand by for confirmation.











Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!











Cortney Williams


Client Inquiry Representative


cwilliams@alcpartner.com











American Laser Centers


Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation


www.americanlaser.com


877-252-4466











GOODBYE RAZOR HELLO LASER!';





So, it seems like a great offer, and I'd really like to take it up. However, I'm afraid that this may be just a scam or something I should be watching out for. You know, I don't want to end up as one of those people you see on Oprah crying about what the fake or inexperienced surgeon did to their skin and body.





What do you guys think? Should I do it?Coupons for surgery? ?
NO. Coupons for surgery? ?
American Laser Centers is a legitimate company. Coupons with a high redeemable value are commonplace in the skin clinic/ hair removal industry. I am in the direct mail business, and several of my clients are in that industry, and run similar offers (although American Laser is not a client of mine). The industry has been hard hit by the economic downturn, and they are running pretty aggressive offers.


I don't see any reason to think it is a scam. You should at least look into it, if you need laser hair removal.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO GO WITH YOUR GUT AND STAY AWAY.REMEMBER IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS!
  • lipgloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment