Monday, November 21, 2011

Fired over coupons!! ?

I got fired today over '; stealing coupons ';. where i work they print out coupons at the register. If the customer didnt want them i would take them. I didnt think that was stealing. I always asked them if they wanted them and if they didnt then i would use them. I also would find some in the paper only garbage that we have or other cashiers would give me them when they find them lying around or something. I really didnt think there was anything wrong with that. I wasnt just taking them from the customers without asking if i could have them. I dont get it. Does anyone else think thats rediculous or am i wrong for taking the coupons. Its fine to answer, i wont get mad. Im just really upset because i really didnt think i was doing anything wrong. Now I have no job and ive worked at that place for almost 4 yrs. They have shitted on me the whole time and i think ive been a really good worker to them. They would give me shitty hrs tho or they would get mad and write me up if i called out because my kids were sick, ugh im just so angry with that place. Can i collect unemployment? I know one girl who got fired for something stupid and my job refused to pay her unemployement after 2 checks she had recieved and she had to pay it back.Fired over coupons!! ?
I depends on the company policy regarding coupons. It doesn't matter if you 'thought' you were doing nothing wrong, it matters only if the issue is addressed as a matter of company policy, and there are guidelines for receipt and use of coupons.. As well, if the coupons have any statement printed on them that they are ';non-transferable,'; there are legal issues involved as well, which are binding whether or not you were aware of it. As for unemployment, it seems unlikely you will be able to collect, as the company seems willing to contest claims, and if a violation of company policy or law lead to your termination, you won't win an appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment